Belleville Knights Host Weekend Of Pro Wrestling "J-Cup" Tournaments This Fri. 8/17 & Sat. 8/18
Discounted Tickets If You Buy Both Nights Events.
Two of the biggest pro wrestling events in the tri-state area will take place this Friday and Saturday night August 17th & 18th at the Belleville, NJ Knights of Columbus Hall (98 Bridge Street, just off Belleville Avenue, minutes from the Parkway and Route 21), as the Knights join forces for a fundraiser for their charities with popular tri-state pro wrestling promotion National Pro Wrestling Superstars.
This Friday night August 17th at 7:45pm, NPWS pays tribute to their friend and WWE Hall Of Fame manager Captain Lou Albano, as they present the annual 2012 Captain Lou Albano Memorial J-Cup Tag-Team Tournament. Captain Lou managed over a dozen championship tag-teams in the WWE, so it is only fitting that NPWS dedicates a one-night single elimination tag-team tournament, featuring twelve of the best tag-teams on the independent circuit today, to his memory.
The current roster of tag-teams scheduled to compete as of press time:
- 2011 winners "Mr. Entertainment" J.D. Smoothie & "The White Urkel" B. Fehrm
- ROH star Rhett "The Threat" Titus & NPWS Junior Heavyweight Champion "Jersey Shore Jock" Mike Dennis
- The Gavone Brothers ("Smiling" Smith James & Big Vic Vorhees)
- The Lords Of Rock And Roll (The Jersey Kidd & "Retro Rocker" Rikki Roxx)
- "The Cold-Hearted Playa" Danny Demanto & "The Love Machine" Nicky Oceans,
- Eddie "Spaghetti" Franken & Chris "Boom Boom" Powers,
- The M&M Boys (Mark Modest & Mike Matixx)
- "Corrupted" Corey Havoc & "The Final Freebird" Damian Darling
- "High Definition" Chris Steeler & "Too Hot" Steve Scott
- Mike Massacre & T.J. Blade
- Jeff "Cannonball" Guerrero & The Funky White Boy
- Johnny Knockout & Richard Michaels
Then on the following night, Saturday night August 18th at 7:35pm, NPWS is proud (as always) to present the annual 2012 Chris Candido Memorial Jersey J-Cup Tournament. The J-Cup is one of the oldest continuous tournaments in pro wrestling. Originally created by the now-defunct Jersey Championship Wrestling, this event is a one-night single-elimination tournament with some of the best cruiserweights and junior heavyweights on the circuit today. Past winners have included such now-famous stars as Jay Lethal, Low-Ki, and Rhett Titus. In 2005, NPWS acquired the rights to the tournament, and only days before they were to hold their first J-Cup event, their long-time friend and headliner, former ECW & WWE & TNA star Chris Candido, tragically passed away. NPWS renamed the tournament in honor of their lost friend.
This year, the event makes its first ever appearance in Belleville. As of this press release, the following participants are scheduled to compete:
- 2011 tournament winner & NPWS Jersey Shore Champion "The Love Machine" Nicky Oceans
- 2008 winner and ROH star Rhett "The Threat" Titus
- NPWS Cruiserweight Champion "Mr. Entertainment" J.D. Smoothie
- NPWS Junior Heavyweight Champion "Jersey Shore Jock" Mike Dennis
- CZW Champion Devon Moore.
- FWF Cruiserweight Champion "The White Urkel" B. Fehrm
- The Jersey Kidd
- Marcus Streets
- Ron Fury
- The Funky White Boy
- Eddie "Spaghetti" Franken
- Chris "Boom Boom" Powers
- "Retro Rocker" Rikki Roxx
- "Too Hot" Steve Scott
- Nick Talent
- Mike Matixx
- Mark Modest
- Nick Napoleon
In addition to the tournament participants, Women Superstars Uncensored stars Alicia, Jennifer Cruz, and Kimberly will be making appearances that weekend.
Single-show tickets are only $19 for adults and $17 for kids & seniors, and a two-show ticket is available at the bargain price of only $28 (that's only $14 per show).
Tickets are available by calling the NPWS box office at (732) 888-1704. All major charge cards are accepted, and group rates are available for groups of ten or more. Remaining seats, if any (and these events are always sellouts, so that's a might big "if") will go on sale at the door one hour before bell time.