LOOKING AT THE GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS FOR THIS WEEK'S SUMMERSLAM GO HOME SHOWS
By Revin Samuels on 8/18/2012 6:44 PM
Raw - 13/08/2012 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
What this show needs to accomplish?
•It’s the go home week for Raw and my god do we need to a tremendous angle with Brock and Hunter
•PPV promotion. This show needs to get some serious gas put behind it. Let’s get promotion behind the event and some specific matches set for the show
- I think I’ve mentioned this before, but the new intro doesn’t do anything for me. It’s essentially the same video taking out Nickelback and putting in this Tonight is the night song. I wish they would give us a fresh style to the package, but perhaps that’s out of Kevin Dunn’s comfort zone.
- WWE starting Raw off with Show vs Punk and of course they announced this on twitter instead of advertising this on Raw last week.
- Michael Cole emphasizing that CM Punk wants the spotlight and why is it every time someone is making or makes a heel turn that this is the device WWE relies on. You have sixteen writers, come up with something different for why said character is turning.
- WWE lets us know that Big Show just came from China...and of course he still manages to obliterate the WWE Champion throughout the match.
- Random Daniel Bryan appearance and I have no issue with that because Bryan is without a doubt the most entertaining persona in the industry. This isn’t even a heel, it’s just entertaining.
- Naturally Super Man clears the ring of Show and Bryan.
- AJ out to take up unnecessary time announcing a tag match of Bryan/Show-Cena/Punk, yeah we all figured it out and thus why we don’t need to rely on the GM device anymore. Predictable and unnecessary, but of course they aren’t creative enough to come up with a better role for AJ.
- Surprise, Surprise, JTG makes an appearance.
- AJ and Kaitlyn have a brief discussion over whether she’s crazy and at least they acknowledge their history.
- JTG about to be squashed by Ryback and one wonders if JTG is about to be future endeavored following this loss.
- WWE has tweaked Ryback’s theme music and added “Feed me more” to the song and I do not approve of this at all. It’s overproducing. Ryback was fine as is. Let the crowd take ownership of the chant, but instead WWE takes to corporatizing it so to speak. The old music was good ass kicking music and Ryback seemed to have a nice rhythm when he came out to it.
- Perhaps I’m wrong though as the crowd seems to be totally in on board with saying “Feed me more”. The only question is whether it will last from arena to arena when WWE is shoving it down the universes throat to chant “Feed me more”.
- Roddy Piper on Raw and naturally WWE choose not to advertise this in advance, because of course this was probably decided sometime in the last three days.
- What a great way to involve the audience, you get to pick who’s going to be in the Pit...sarcasm
- Santino vs Cesaro in the pre show match for the United States title. Cesaro has beaten Santino twice now and if I was a betting man I don’t think he’s taking the title on Sunday. That’s the way WWE seems to book these days.
- Piper and Shawn backstage. Piper is whacky and Shawn is paranoid.
- One Man Band in the ring and I look forward to these segments because I want to know who the special someone is he’s going to face every week and this week it’s....R Truth, not so special.
- Primetime Players sans AW come out and destroy Truth. Kofi is nowhere to be found and let me say I think the PTP are alot better off without AW. Titus is oozing charisma and can carry the speaking load on his own.
- Mark Henry at the Olympics and he really doesn’t look like a bad ass there.
- Lawler and Cole send congrats to the Olympians and NBC, which seems a bit out of place, but okay.
- Pauly D is the Social Media Ambassador for Raw tonight and judging by the crowds boos, it’s a good thing he didn’t show up, front and center.
- Cole throws to a tweet from Pauly and of course he’s a John Cena fan. I hope the theme of these celebrity tweeters on Raw isn’t to transparently have them love John Cena. We know how adult males feel about John Cena.
- Love the recap of the Smackdown angle between Del Rio-Sheamus. It’s always wise to put a focus on what you are doing on the other show.
- Alberto Touts that he will confront Booker on Smackdown and I also like that usage of Tout.
- Another flashback to Smackdown last week and Sin Cara beating Cody.
- Sin Cara gets another win tonight and the question I have is whether WWE is giving a renewed push to Cara or if Tensai is in the doghouse.
- Tensai destroys Sakamoto again and all I am thinking is that Tensai needs to change his gear.
- Roddy Piper is already in the ring and WWE on a three hour show can’t even let us get a Roddy Piper entrance.
- King and Piper shake hands and what happened to that feud back in 1994? Hold on to the grudge boys!
- To no shock Jericho wins the poll and will be in the Pit.
- Big pop from me for Piper and Jericho acknowledging their past storyline history from Wrestlemania 26.
- Piper seemed a bit off to say the least during this interview segment.
- Dolph has come out and his mic work has somewhat saved the segment. Dolph pointing out that Jericho is heading down the path of Piper and I love the sense of realism to this program.
- Piper needs to shut up; he’s adding nothing to this segment.
- Jericho clears the ring of Dolph and Miz and this segment didn’t go that well, mainly because of Piper.
- WWE needs to leverage Piper better going forward.
- Were getting a triple threat match on Raw with no reason for it? Very random.
- Miz-Rey announced for Summerslam. Cole mentioned it earlier, I forgot to note it, but that’s three new matches announced for Summerslam, although one of them is pre show.
- Very strong match with Jericho-Ziggler-Miz and it makes sense to me to have Ziggler beat Jericho. I think it would absolutely destroy Jericho if he didn’t beat Ziggler at Summerslam.
- Eve backstage with Punk and why is Eve always trying to stir the pot? Does she want to get with him? Whatever it is, I wouldn’t mind Punk as a heel with another stable. He’s always great in the cult leader role.
- I stopped caring what Pauly D is tweeting especially when Michael Cole is the one telling me about it. Perhaps I just don’t want to see Cole’s mug on camera.
- Shawn still walking around freaked out and if he was going to be this scared, why did he even come to the show or agree to be in Hunter’s corner?
- These Barrett vignettes are excellent, although he’s starting to feel like he’s right out of the animated X-Men cartoons.
- Random divas match with no story behind it and Kaitlyn beats Beth Phoenix clean and that’s just a sin. We’ve heard rumblings that Hunter hasn’t been enthralled with the women for a long time and I assume it’s only downhill for the women from here if that’s the case.
- I’ve seen this Triple H-Brock promo way too many times. On another note, I think this match deserved a countdown special like Rock and Cena got. They could have definitely done hour one tonight as a Triple H-Brock Lesnar countdown style show.
- It’s just something to see watching Daniel Bryan. If this man doesn’t win character, overall performer, wrestler and promo man of the year something is definitely wrong.
- Why is the WWE Champion coming out before his tag team partner? Oh I forgot its John Cena.
- Bryan is hilarious ordering Big Show around. This isn’t even a heel, its comedy and I’m sure it’s making the Bubble laugh, but in terms of drawing money I question if it’s the right move.
- I like Punk and Cena just taging themselves in and out to showcase the tension between them as we head towards Summerslam.
- Punk and Cena doing each other’s move set was clever stuff.
- Cena refusing to shake Punk’s hand is somewhat out of character for John, but I like the twist as I’m sure it will make Punk feel even more justified when he does something evil.
- Smart idea for WWE to show photos touring in Chyna.
- Sandow vs Christian and even with a Brodus distraction, he still beats Christian clean. Christian is a jobber and Sandow like Sheamus seems to be getting a Triple H 2002/2003 style push.
- Christian needs to turn heel and around April of last year when he lost to Orton for the title, I was totally against him turning heel.
- Shawn runs into Brock backstage and Brock does nothing...
- It’s go home promo time for Paul Heyman. Let’s see what he’s got in his bag of tricks!
- Michael Cole mentions that Brock Lesnar won his first WWE Championship ten years ago at Summerslam, but doesn’t mention who he beat.
- Heyman on absolute fire with this promo.
- Heyman’s promo was fantastic. Brock has the presence of an absolute beast and Shawn and Hunter’s body language is all just tremendous here.
- I thought WWE was done having us hear from the fans Tout, but they brought it back tonight.
- Shawn and Hunter backstage and Shawn tells Hunter, Brock is a different beast. It’s that type of stuff that puts Brock over as a different from everyone else.
- The car accident angle is back! And finally Brock has a hold of Shawn Michaels.
- I’m not sure I would have transitioned from a Big Show promo being blown off for the car accident angle since Show is in the main event.
What this show accomplished?The Good•Great final angle with Brock and Hunter. To me the last segment says Hunter is winning on Sunday and we know with Triple H all his programs adhere to logic. I hope that isn’t the case as it doesn’t make sense for Brock to go 0-2 since he has returned. •Jericho-Ziggler. The segment was terrible, but Ziggler’s work on the microphone and Jericho’s guarantee for Summerslam makes this match all that more intriguing for Summerslam•Daniel Bryan. What else can be said? The act of 2012 by a long distance•Punk-Cena-Show. Fine stuff here in terms of building a story for the matchThe Bad •The Punk turn isn’t really working that well and the more I see of it, the more I see it as another vehicle to try and get the entire audience to cheer John Cena, which ten years into his run isn’t going to happen•Christian treated like an absolute fool•Heath Slater against R-Truth. A mistake. WWE had something going with Truth always facing a surprise face that we hadn’t seen in a while. What needs to happen on next week’s show?•Eemphasize the ramifications and consequences of the pay per view and perhaps begin the hype for NOC. WWE and multitasking? Tough one. E: email@example.com
- Fantastic closing angle to hard sell Brock-Hunter.
[ >> Next ]
Page #